How to do it
- set person at ease
- ask them to verbalise thoughts
- explain it is to help others - it might not be an easy exercise but that is our fault not theirs!
- Sit so you can watch their face and their screen.
- Help them only if they are REALLY stuck!
The Tasks and Score sheet
- These are the questions
YWAMKB Useabilty Test
A bit about you...
Length of time in \YWAM:
Confidence with computers:
(1--fear and hate them, 2--they confuse me, 3--I'm OK, 4--very competent, 5--build them and program them)
Competence in English: Reading _______ and Writing _________
(1--poor to 5--excellent)
Time started, Time finished - duration of test
Please can you try the following tasks
- Find the \ywamkb website.
- Find an article about DTS
- Search for ``how to lead worship"
- Find all the articles in the Communication Category
- Find out what the latest changes have been to the \ywamkb and who made them.
- Find a list of \YWAM websites
- Find out how to start a New Team and who could help you.
- Find the Help pages
- Find the Sandbox and try to change it
- Add a link to the Brevity article to the Sandbox.
- Edit your user page and write a bit about yourself. Who you are, where you work, what you do. Use some bullet points and a link to your ministry's Website.
- Find the ``Disclaimer" page.
- Find out who is responsible for the \YWAMKB and how to contact them.
- Find the Community Pages. What is this about??
- Where would you look to find a talk page and what was the decision on the logo for the Main Page discussion?
- Make a comment on your User page's discussion page.
- Find and watch a tutorial video.
Make lots of notes!
Record other comments
- Thank your helper profusely
- Give any feedback you want or explain some difficulties they had.
- Write it up!