This is the summary of what we achieved, thought about, decided and have set out to do for this coming year.
Sprint in Images
Interesting videos (repeated from above)
- Torgrim Løkken
- Damon May
- Sokgon PArk
- Shauna Booth
- Rodney Blevins
- Fred Kiwanuka (contrib article Community Development)
- Chris Duwe (contrib article Child Evangelism)
- Jon Lee
- Malin Tangen
- Another Female Friend who I wont post their name here.
- Migrated site copyright licence from GFDL to CC:BY-SA. See YWAMKnowledgeBase:Copyright
- Set up a mailing list at: groups.ywamnetworks.com
- Modified the email new user notification to add some some to subscribe people to the mailing list server.
- Bulk added old mailing list to new one!
- We got together and had a nice time
- We celebrated how far we had got and appreciated each other
- Make the purpose of the KB much clearer. Recognised that we started humbly and vaguely and with a lot of trail and error, but now have grown and become much more focused.
- Beginnings of a long term strategy in place. Realising the what "Knowledge Management" is (it is a technical business term) and the role of it in YWAMKB
- Clear idea of what we can do for the next year:
- Building the KB Community (Arnoud is the Emperor of this bit)
- Creation of "Threads" - taking the contents of the KB and making it accessible in such a way as to answer certain core questions YWAMers are asking. The "Threads" will need development this year. Commenced work on Starting a New Team
- We had a great time with virtual participants and gained new insights into how people new to the KB perceive it.
- Start of Policy page, Mission and Vision pages and more as a way of expressing the ethos of the KB
- Participants from Canada, Norway, Egypt, Korea, Brazil and more countries joined us.
- Described and assigned tasks for next 12 months
- Agreed to meet in 12 months time. Perhaps in Berlin (If Toby will/can host us!)
- Improved the visual look of the front page (more white space - removed items not very helpful - added threads block)
Key pages worked on in the Sprint
- YWAMKnowledgeBase:Knowledge Management
- YWAMKnowledgeBase:How to start a New Team Thread
- YWAMKnowledgeBase:Circle of Trust idea to ensure KB lasts for 10 years or more with 99.9% uptime.
- YWAMKnowledgeBase:Knowledge Threads
- Use YWAMKnowledgeBase:User Scenarios
- YWAMKnowledgeBase:Facebook Integration (failed experiment - delete)
- YWAMKnowledgeBase:Mailing list - how to integrate with KB or de-integrate!!!
- YWAMKnowledgeBase:Numbering system for GLT documents A possbile numbering system and infobox for GLT documents useful for YWAM in general (not internal docs)
- YWAMKnowledgeBase:Philosophy philosophy page
- YWAMKnowledgeBase:Building the KnowledgeBase Community (1 joining tribe 2 moving closer to the fire)
- YWAMKnowledgeBase:How_to_help What can people do to help (moving closer to the fire!)
- YWAMKnowledgeBase:Policy Some policies
- YWAMKnowledgeBase:Copyright (not new but massively updated)
- Content before Beauty
- Let's keep going - its been great so far!
- Plan for long term future - 5 year plan starting with a one year plan.
On going work and Todo's
In the next 12 months (May 2010) Here names are attached to action points but are not limited to that person! + means others/anyone/everyone
Goal - to improve the communication in the community
- Weekly Skype meetings "Hour of Power" (Aim to connect and chat with people) ARNOUD + others
- DONE: Monthly Skype Meetings - (Agendared and business orientated) KEVIN and ARNOUD
- Facebook group - Stimulation ARNOUD
- DONE: Mailing List (now open for ALL KBians) and Monthly Email KEVIN and ARNOUD +
- DONE: Button on main page "Join us on Facebook" and "Join the mailing list" KEVIN
- DONE: Blank profile on User pages for users to fill in ARNOUD
Goal - Improve the general upkeep and de-cruft.
- Clarify tasks and training to do the work KEVIN
- Set Goals for tidiness of wiki KEVIN
- Set 4 days for maintenance to invite whole community to (Spring clean etc) ARNOUD
- Calculate Bus Factor and devise strategy to reduce it to 0 KEVIN
Goal - Keep getting the word out
- Think in terms of regions
- Will continue this in monthly meetings - standing topic
Goal - make the knowledge more accessible so visitors are helped and become more effective
- "Thread" creation. Aim to fill all current threads by May 2010 +
- STEVE Knowledge Management article and take some threads
- ARNOUD SOE thread
- KEVIN Starting team thread and lots of other threads
- + Others should work on threads.
- Write out design goals and general wiki goals KEVIN
- Invite a tame web designer to look and and review site with suggestions KEVIN +
- Seek a graphical person to take on this aspect +
- Evaluate the site using Evaluate your YWAM website criteria KEVIN
Thoughts and Reflections following Sprint
We think another Sprint will be helpful what we learnt was:
- We more quickly come to conclusions
- We can debate and change our minds on things quicker and with less effort
- We like each other and had a lot of fun
Kevin found it a little challenging to be in his office and close to the family when running the Sprint.
- So to find a distraction free setting with good internet will be essential.
- Cost as low as possible for maximum participation
- Virtual participation!!!! Keep the community alive!
Suggestion: May 2010 in Berlin or some other place.
Things we could do:
- Spend time with users observing and coaching and planning improvements based on those experiences
- Focus on some details
- Focus on writing about specific topics
- More strategy etc. like this Sprint!