Who is YWAM Staff?
This paper addresses the question: who is YWAM staff? It is recognized that an answer to the broader question, "who is a YWAMer?" would need to include students, volunteers, children in YWAM families, King's Kids participants, short term outreach participants, etc.
YWAM staff should be seen as serving within an extended family of ministries and situations including the following:
- Ministries with a general YWAM identity;
- YWAM ministries with a specialized identity (e.g. Mercy Ships, King's Kids, Slavic Ministries, Family Ministries, University of the Nations, etc.);
- YWAM ministries working in creative access nations where discretion of identity is required;
- YWAM affiliate ministries, which may or may not publicly identify with YWAM, and may have more latitude on financial policies (e.g. Intermedia, Destiny International, Mother's Choice, YWAM-related elementary schools,...);
- Non-YWAM ministries to which YWAMers are seconded, with a defined reporting relationship with appropriate YWAM leadership.
YWAMers are linked by:
- Common roots - DTS minimum for all staff;
- A commitment to the YWAM vision, values and calling;
- A commitment to the welfare of the whole YWAM family, including commitment to be involved in key family events.
|YWAMers work in the following situations:||Full-time YWAMers||Associate YWAMers||Volunteers|
|Ministries with general identity as YWAM: e.g. local YWAM bases||Staff|| Associate staff to be defined at local level, but suggested guidelines include:
|YWAM ministries with specialized identity: e.g. King's Kids, Mercy Ships, Island Breeze, U of N, Gleanings, ...||Staff/crew||Associate staff/crew||Volunteers/crew|
|YWAM ministries working in creative access countries where discretion of identity is required||Staff||Associate staff||Volunteers|
|YWAM affiliate ministries, which may or may not publicly identify with YWAM, and may have more latitude in financial policies; e.g. Inter Media, YWAM related public schools, Mother's Choice, Destiny International,...||Staff||Associate staff||Volunteers|
|Non-YWAM organizations to which YWAMers are seconded||Seconded staff with a defined reporting relationship with appropriate YWAM leadership||N/A||N/A|
Who is YWAM Staff?: Approved YWAM GLT, March 1995; Printed March 10, 1999 1997 U of N Reference Guide. Copyright © 1995 by YWAM/U of N; revised 1997. All Rights Reserved. Page 18