Talk:Joining YWAM as Staff
"the primary purpose of a DTS is to make YWAMers!"
"Ensure that they know the above and NOT assume the DTS is training for them to just go back home!"
- Don't say this to church leaders! And neither to me!
Joking aside, I really think it is twofold. It is challenging the students to live committed to Christ and His calling - and promoting the YWAM culture. I re-read the "Purpose of DTS"-Articles, and like them not being so harsh at this point. I wouldn't have done a DTS just for the sake of "trying it out" though. --Pitpat 14:32, 17 December 2010 (UTC)
- But it really is! And church leaders do know this! The purpose of the DTS is to help people stand on the map and be ready to go. If they don't go with YWAM that is OK, but we say no-one can work with YWAM without one!!! Hence the DTS is about making YWAMers.--Kev-The-Hasty 21:38, 17 December 2010 (UTC)
I agree with Pitpat. My experience is the same. First time with YWAM was a "Try out", of course it is important to encourage the DTS students to stay on. To seriously pray and ask God for what the next step is after they finish the DTS. Even going home is an option.. but what about getting more training in YWAM before you go home? To really make a lasting change and impact in your town or city! Or to get challenged to bring what you learned in YWAM into the university your going next too. It is all part of the what to do after my DTS. So important to work it out. Arnoud van Dillewijn 15:53, 17 December 2010 (UTC)
- Though people might use the DTS to inspire them to make a difference in their home situation that is not why we started the DTS. It is the otherway around - the DTS is to help people make a difference in YWAM.
- Of course you can look at this from the "DTS helps to make a movement of YWAMers" perspective too.--Kev-The-Hasty 21:38, 17 December 2010 (UTC)
- Feel free to edit what I have written - I just started writing to fill in the red link not to write an epic.--Kev-The-Hasty 21:40, 17 December 2010 (UTC)