Decentralized Structure of YWAM
YWAM has a decentralised leadership structure. In fact there are only legal entities at national level. There is no overall legal body. YWAM is held to together then (in one sense) as a movement of smaller groups, bound together with shared relationships, values and goals.
Some pages that may help you to get to grips with the structure of YWAM
- Who is who in YWAM.
- Who is YWAM Staff?
- YWAM Web pages - Non-exhaustive list of many major ministries of YWAM and National Ministries (please add yours to it if missing!)
- www.ywam.org - The official main page for the mission.
- YWAM Leadership in the 21st Century - Iain Muir's reflections on the style of leadership YWAM requires for the 21st Century.
General theory and reflection on decentralised leadership
- Swarm theory and leadership in YWAM - interesting blog post here:
- Starfish and Spider - A synopsis of this interesting book about decentralised leadership structures.
- Distributed Leadership.